Terms & Conditions
This Terms and Conditions provide information about how to use this website and how we use your donations. It must be read in conjunction with the Books2Africa Privacy and Data Protection Policy. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England.
Books To Africa International
Books To Africa International is a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (08528635) and a UK registered charity (1152599). The registered office is: Unit 2, Barton Business Park, New Dover Road, Canterbury, CT1 3AA, Kent, United Kingdom.
- “Books To Africa International” or “Books2Africa” means the non-governmental organisation or any entity which it controls.
- “the Website” means any website under the ownership or control of Books2Africa.
- “the Material” means all the information, pictures, graphics, text, sound and video files, programmes or data available on the Website.
Terms of Usage
- Your use of this Website is subject to and constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions of service, which take effect on the first day of using the site.
- Books2Africa reserves the right to change the terms and conditions by posting the changes online. Your continued use of the Website after changes are posted signifies your acceptance of the terms and conditions as modified.
- You agree to use this website for lawful purposes only, and in such a manner that does not infringe or affect third party rights, is not defamatory or does not affect the enjoyment of any third party using the Website.
- Material on the website is given for the purposes of general information only, and should not be relied upon as advice (professional or otherwise).
- If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of usage in full you must stop using the Website immediately.
- Books2Africa assumes full ownership of all donated educational items including but not limited to: books, periodicals, stationary, computers, media and any other materials or equipment.
- By donating to Books2Africa, you accept that your donated items may be shipped to beneficiaries in any country in Africa or around the world where there is a need for adequate learning materials.
- By donating to Books2Africa, you accept that up to twenty (20%) percent of the items you donate may be sold by the charity through its charity shop as part of our sustainable fundraising policy, to fund the running of Books2Africa and the fulfilment of its goals.
- If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must contact us within seven (7) days from the day you made the donation to retrieve your donation. Donated items which have already been shipped, re-donated, sold or recycled, as well as donated funds that have already been expended cannot be retrieved.
- The names, images and logos identifying Books2Africa and its services, programmes and subsidiaries are the trade names, service marks or trademarks of Books2Africa and are subject to design right and copyright.
- Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions of Service shall be construed as giving any licence or right to use any mark, trademark, design right or copyright of Books2Africa or any third party.
- Copyright in the material displayed on the website is owned by Books2Africa or third parties. All rights are expressly reserved.
- You may view the material and use it for information purposes for your personal use or private study but not for any commercial purposes or gain. You may not otherwise copy, reproduce, store, modify, distribute, download, publish, post, transmit or use the material in any way without obtaining Books2Africa’s prior written consent or that of the relevant third party owner.
- You may not modify, change or create a derivative work from the material.
- Should Books2Africa receive any complaint with regard to third party content on the website, it will review the matter and remove any such content at its sole discretion. Books2Africa will have no further liability to any party in such instance.
- To request permission to use any Material displayed on the Website, including the Books2Africa name and logo please email [email protected] with details of your request.
- The Website Material is provided without warranties or any other representation. Books2Africa does not accept liability for any loss or damages, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, third party losses, or any other loss or damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with the use or loss of use of the Website.
- Books2Africa does not warrant that the functions contained in the Material on the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
Updated June 2019.